Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Abby Police Board

Soon you will be seeing two new faces on the Abbotsford
Police Board as the search for a new Abbotsford Police Chief is currently
underway replacing retiring Chief Ian McKenzie. Jatinder Sidhu and Jon Eaton
both from Abbotsford will start their term as Police Board Commissioners on July
1st. Sidhu, a local businessman who has a long list of community involvement
moved to Abbotsford in 1977. He is excited about being selected to the board and
shared these comments with me on this opportunity. " I am content with my
business and I want to give back to the community. This is my passion and I
enjoy this and I want to make a difference for the next generation and be a liaison on the board between the Indo Canadian and the mainstream communities and encourage applicants to apply with the Abbotsford Police Department", said Sidhu. Eaton who moved to Abbotsford from
Alberta in 1997, is employed with RBC Dominion Securities as a Portfolio Manager
in Abbotsford. Eaton explains what got him interested in policing issues was
when he was living in Vancouver with two RCMP officers. After hearing many
stories and issues from his former roommates his interest and pursuit in
policing policy has always remained with him. "I am excited to be appointed to
the Abbotsford Police Board. It is an honor to be associated with a responsible,
responsive, and positive police force. Abbotsford is very fortunate to have such
a police force and I also strongly agree with the concept of Board independence
from Municipal council and the Provincial Government. This helps insulate the
Board from the partisan politics of both Municipal Councils and the Province.
But it also acknowledges the interests of both in the delivery of municipal
policing". said Eaton.
KenHerar@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment