Friday, December 18, 2009

A Conversation with Pastor Cam Stuart..

Jul 17 2003
Empowered for a journey of living
By KEN HERAR
The last few months, I have been on a quest searching for spiritual fulfillment for the first time in my life.I have been procrastinating this search for a long time and now the time has come to fill this void. When you look around us there is so much hate and pain how can we make this world a better place to live?The answer is simple - we must have God in our lives. Having God in our lives empowers us for a journey of living and reminds us that we are here for only short while.Having self-respect for yourselves and others is an important part of God's work and through him we are reminded of this.Discovering God can be fulfilling and rewarding and can forever change a persons life. Having lost a friend a few months ago, I decided to change my direction to God for answers. During this time, I had the opportunity to meet with Pastor Cam Stuart to discuss and learn about my new relationship with God. Although I am from the Sikh faith, I decided to explore other ways that might bring me closer to God.Having met with Pastor Stuart on several occasions and read a few books through his guidance have opened a whole new world of knowledge in relation to God. He explains that Christianity is a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ. I am saying to myself sure, I have heard it all before is this really going to make a difference in my life?I can say in the short time, I have known Pastor Stuart this information has made a world of difference. The search for God is like searching for gold. It requires tenacity, courage, patience and passion for truth. I am hoping my search for God will provide me with hope, love, purpose and freedom. I can honestly say before meeting Pastor Stuart, I was spiritually lost with no physical connection to God and now with this knowledge I feel a lot closer to him. I respect the fact that Christianity focuses on God and its teachings. From my past experiences, God was always clouded in mystery and finding him was difficult.Understanding Christ is not an easy task but a journey worthwhile. Through my search I am learning that Christ's life reveals the heart, the mind and the will of God. The fact that God gave his son (Jesus) to be with us in human form is something truly remarkable. What God has demonstrated is that he loves us all! Why is it important to have a relationship with Jesus?According to Pastor Stuart, "Jesus is the way to God. Jesus came to this earth to give life, true life to all who follow and enjoy him.''Receiving this kind of information is like getting something in the mail from a long lost friend.Last month, I was touched when I pulled into a parking lot at a school to teach some tennis lessons when a group of young people came up to me and said can we wash your car Sir?I said how much? They said for free and there is breakfast too! I couldn't believe it!Churches across Abbotsford were promoting Love Abbotsford Day.I was very thankful for their generosity and kindness. Apparently these simple acts of kindness were done to communicate that God is loving and kind towards us.It takes moments like this to believe that there is still a lot of good out there we just need more of it through God. My experiences through all of this is not only building a relationship with God but also with your pastor who plays an important role in your search. I truly believe we as a society don't talk enough about God and how He can influence people to become better individuals. Living with God is a remarkable journey living without God is a lonely road of unhappiness.

© Copyright 2007 Abbotsford News

No comments:

Post a Comment