Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Letter writer, Regina Dalton is totally incorrect. Get the facts right, please.

Turban talk sets her head spinning

Editor, the Times:

If Ken Herar is trying to build bridges, his column 'Keep turban queries respectful' (Times, Aug. 18) doesn't do such a good job.

I don't dispute that folks can have their own agendas - it is possible to discern when someone is trying to make a dig with a supposedly simple question. Yet going from someone asking a question, to assuming that the question is loaded, to stating, "People can often see the hate," to adding "if you don't like the ethnicity in our local community, consider relocating," left my head spinning.

And where I hoped I might actually get some answers about the colours of turbans - the variations of which, I, as an artist, truly enjoy - I found myself instead wondering if Mr.

Herar would also "read between the lines" if we ever met.

That concern makes me hope we don't, and it has nothing to do with his ethnicity. But then he may choose not to believe that.

Regina Dalton

Abbotsford

No comments:

Post a Comment